It’s #TweetTuesday and we’ve got this week’s STVR roundup:
For the week of Monday, April 30, 2012- Sunday May 6, 2012, SocialGuide tracked:
- 15,044,967 social TV comments
- 3,895,722 social TV watchers
- 2,812 unique programs
- 3.86 comments/unique
The NBA playoffs have officially taken over social TV. The top 10 most social programs this week were all NBA games with the exception of two: The #1 overall program, primetime, and sports event of the week was HBO’s #MayweatherCotto boxing match, which we tracked 1,066,120 social TV comments from 436,652 uniques and had celebrities like @JustinBieber, @Ricky_Martin, @SouljaBoy, @MCHammer, and @HughHefner (to name a few) tweeting.
The second show was also a boxing match of its own kind: Oxygen’s Bad Girls Club: Las Vegas! The #BGCReunion came in as the #5 most social program, the #1 most social episode, and the #3 most social primetime show, bringing in a total of 538,764 comments by 207,131 watchers. Apparently some “stuff” went down with #Elease, according to the most retweeted comments from two bad girls themselves: @TiaraSoBoojie: “Omg Elease backed that a*s up when she was about to get popped lol wtf is going on lol” and singer/actress @KekePalmer “Elease continues to get whooped!! Just like Camilla said. You friend’s with the girls that beat you down.. Come again?” Looks like #TeamCamilla owned this one…
From Bad Girls Blog
Back on the court, the most social game of the week was the Miami Heat vs. New York Knicks game 4 with about 700,000 comments. The Knicks finally got a playoff win after losing 13 consecutive playoff games. Can they force another game at the Garden against Lebron James and the Miami Heat?
- The 2012 Kentucky Derby made history by setting an attendance and wagering record at Churchill Downs. The crowd of 165,307 was the largest in Derby history! Nearly 200,000 comments were collected for this event and another underdog came out victorious! Read more here.
- ABC Family had a #DisneyClassics weekend, and interestingly enough, The Lion King was the #3 most social episode of the week, with 71,479 comments by 56,726 uniques! Can you guess who the most retweeted comment was from?! Take a look: @Snooki: “OMG shut up Lion king is on. Perfect Saturday night =)” Hmm, perhaps she’s preparing for her own little Simba’s arrival?
- American Idol won this week’s music battle against The Voice. It was the #2 most social episode and the #2 Series for the week with 198,323 comments by 107,666 watchers. We’re thinking it had to do with the whole #IdolBackstage, #ColdplayonIdol, and #CarrieonIdol thing. Enjoy it now, #Idol. It’s #BieberontheVoice tonight and well…you recall the Bieber Effect.
As your favorite shows reach their finales, some new ones are premiering! Tweet us and let us know what you’re looking forward to. Also, don’t forget to set up your FREE subscription to get STVR reports delivered via email every day, week or month. Sign up at the top of the STVR, and let us know how often you’d like to receive the data as well as your preferred format, .pdf of .xls.
See you next week!
Happy first day of Spring everybody! Here’s what happened last week:
For the week of Monday, Mar. 12, 2012- Sunday Mar. 19, 2012, SocialGuide tracked:
- 11,327,326 social TV comments (up 17%)
- 3,532,222 social TV watchers (up 7%)
- 2,690 unique programs
- 3.21 comments/unique
The arrival of March Madness usually causes the following behavior: donning your alma mater’s colors, making frantic predictions for bracketology, and parking yourself in front of the television to watch your picks soar or crumble. For the second year running, every single game of the tournament has been broadcast live on one of the Turner networks – CBS, TNT, TBS, and TruTV – making it possible to indulge in that last part more than ever. SGI reports that six of the top twenty social TV programs last week were NCAA Tournament games.
5. Lehigh vs Duke (190,024 comments)
6. Norfolk State vs Missouri (179,395)
13. Creighton vs North Carolina (128,024)
14. UNC Asheville vs Syracuse (104,767)
18. UCONN vs Iowa State (109,418)
20. Purdue vs Kansas (115,651)
Unsurprisingly, games featuring first seeds North Carolina and Syracuse garnered huge social media activity, while 15 seed Norfolk State’s totally improbable victory over 2 seed Missouri, perennial powerhouse UCONN’s early exit, and the thrilling 3 point finish between #2 Kansas and #10 Purdue also scored plenty of buzz. The most social #MarchMadness game, however, was 15 seed Lehigh defeating 2 seed Duke in a monumental, bracket-busting upset. While acknowledging the high profile of that particular game (nationally televised on CBS), the rest of the social TV buzz on March Madness appeared evenly distributed across the Turner networks.
Click for source: CBS News
- Music takes a back seat while zombies, liars, and bachelors drive this week in #SocialTV. Sunday’s Walking Dead finale was the #1 Episode, #2 Most Social Series and Primetime, and #3 Most Social Program overall. #TWDFinale brought in 321,710 comments by 163, 656 uniques. Everyone was joining the #RickGrimes bandwagon; among the top trends were #RickTatorship, #RIPShane, and #TeamRick. Strong opinions were formed about Carl. Check out the most re-tweeted comment from @CollegeHumor: “It’s not a spoiler that Carl is the worst kid ever. #walkingdead #killcarlalready” and another from @RLBrown3: “So even though Shane tried to kill Rick, Lori’s p****d at him for taking him out? I see where Carl gets his dumbass genes. #WalkingDead” Maybe the team down at AMC will remember this for Season 3…
- The season finale of The Bachelor did well this week. It was #10 Most Social overall, #7 Series, #4 Primetime, and #3 Episode. With a total of 149,199 comments by 86,434 watchers, I don’t think America was necessarily happy with #BachelorBen’s proposal. #TeamLindzi was one of the top hash tags as well as #IHateCourtney. But these were not as harsh as some of the most re-tweeted comments: “That awkward moment when @BenFlajnik proposes to Courtney but he can’t fit the ring over her nasty Cruella DeVil gloves. #TheBachelor” and “I can’t decide if I really really like Lindzi or just really really hate Courtney. #princessprobz” Good luck, Ben.
- Last week, antique dolls gave girls everywhere nightmares (tweeps felt #Creepy #Intense #Scared). ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars was the #2 Episode, the #3 Primetime and Series, and the #4 Most Social Program overall. There were 238,213 comments made by 143,099 uniques. @LucyyHale, who plays Aria on the show, had the most re-tweeted comment: “my favorite tweet of the night …’i hope aria and ezra used protection’” Her and her teacher boyfriend got a liiiiiittle steamy on last week’s episode. There were also more accusations about #ADay. The top trends were #IsMelissaA, #IsJennaA, and, as usual, #WhoIsA? The top comment from @PrettyPinkProbz: “Ok so I pretty much know I’m gonna have nightmares about creepy antique dolls. Thanks #PLL.” Wait until you see the numbers from last night’s #AisRevealed Episode…stay tuned.
What’s going on this week in TV? Tweet us and let us know! Also, don’t forget to set up your FREE subscription to get STVR reports delivered via email every day, week or month. Sign up at the top of the STVR, and let us know how often you’d like to receive the data as well as your preferred format, .pdf of .xls.
See you next week!
Hey tweeps, happy Monday! Let’s see what went down last week in social TV:
For the week of Monday, Mar. 5, 2012- Sunday Mar. 11, 2012, SocialGuide tracked:
- 9,704,956 social TV comments
- 3,287,437 social TV watchers
- 2,711 unique programs
- 2.95 comments/unique
NBC’s The Voice and FOX’s American Idol have been battling it out for top spots over the last few weeks. This week’s winner, The Voice, was the #1 Primetime AND Episode, the #2 Series, and the #3 overall most social Program. It had 181,184 comments made by 111, 408 uniques, up 23% from last week. It must have been the #battlerounds on Monday’s episode that brought in so much #SocialTV chat…it even had celebrities talking! The most retweeted comment was from @AliciaKeys: “Amazing performance! That was so fun to watch #TheVoice” and this one from @SuzeOrmanShow: “I am telling you the truth- THE VOICE has got to be the best show on TV today- I can’t even stand how great it is. WOWOW Way to go MARK B.”
Idol was #8 overall (157,263 comments by 89,307 uniques), #6 Series, and its “Finalists Compete” episode was the #4 Primetime and Episode. Fear not, #Idol fans, the next couple of weeks are sure to bring some amazing performances, as @MaryJBlige said last week: “I pray that all the singers on idol have success after idol. They all worked hard and have Great talent!!”
Click for source: Digital Spy
- Surprising nobody at the SocialGuide HQ, #JerseyShore was #1 most social Program and Series last week. The #Jerzathon, in preparation for the finale, as well as last week’s “One Meatball Stands Alone” episode brought in a total of 420,207 comments by 278,855 unique watchers. This week is the finale, so let’s see what kind of #meatballproblems arise…
- MTV also aired a special last week for @DDlovato. Her #StayStrong Documentary was the #11 most social Program and hit #7 on our Primetime and Episode ranks. It was #1 on SocialGuide all night and “Watching Demi” was a nationwide trending topic on Twitter. Overall, it brought in 142,530 comments by 69,811 watchers. Among the top hastags were #6millionlovatics, #inspiration, #loveher, #letchangecome, and #ifshecandoiticandoit.
- The Walking Dead is getting into its social groove as it was the #6 most social Program, the #4 Series, and the #3 Primetime and Episode. 159,416 comments by 92,910 uniques, including one of the most retweeted comments of the week from @SarahKSilverman: “HOLY F*****G M***********G S**T #walkingdead”.
- On the sports front, last night’s rivals #Celtics v. #Lakers game on ABC was the #2 Program and #1 Sports event this week, with 458,243 comments. The #MaskedMamba, formerly known as Kobe Bryant generated over 25% of these comments as his game high 26 pts led the Lakers over the C’s.
- The ACC championship game between Florida State and North Carolina was the #2 Sports event of the week as FSU’s first-ever ACC title generated a lot of buzz. The most RTed comment of the game was from UNC PG Kendall Marshall who wrote: “Congrats to FSU. No time to hang our heads, time for the real deal now!” Less than an hour after his tweet his team received a #1 seed in the NCAA tournament. Time for #MarchMadness!
What will you be watching this week? Tweet us and let us know! Also, don’t forget to set up your FREE subscription to get STVR reports delivered via email every day, week or month. Sign up at the top of the STVR, and let us know how often you’d like to receive the data as well as your preferred format, .pdf of .xls.
Until next time!
Happy Tuesday! Let’s take a look at last week’s Social 100, shall we?
For the week of Monday, Feb. 27- Sunday Mar. 5, 2012, SocialGuide tracked:
- 10,817,967 social TV comments
- 3,322,011 social TV watchers
- 2,806 unique programs
- 3.25 comments/unique
Basketball has officially taken over our Social 100. The NBA had 3 games in the top 10 this week: Heat/Lakers, Knicks/Celtics, and Heat/Blazers. The only college game to make the top 10 and hold the #3 spot was Saturday’s NC/Duke game, which had 412,340 comments. But, it was the Heat/Lakers that was the #1 most talked about game bringing in 1,094,049 comments by 349,133 uniques!
Click for source: Miami Herald
- American Idol was the #5 most social Program overall (331,606 comments by 158,619 uniques). It was #3 for most social Series and #2 for most social Episode, which was Tuesday’s Semifinalist boys performance. #PhillipPhillips, #Heejun, and #JoshuaLedet were your top favorites. But what we found most interesting is that #Eben Frankowitz, who was eliminated two days later, had the most hashtags in our report: #TeamEben, #Ebenators, #Eben, #EbenNation. Perhaps some of you tweeps forgot to vote!
- It was #BGCMadness last week: #6 most social Series, #4 most social Primetime, and #3 Episode. The Bad Girls Club: Las Vegas had 155,850 comments by 82,099 watchers last week. And from what we can see, those of you who had #TeamTwins allegiances have now switched over to #TeamElease…
- The most social Sports Events for the week were all Basketball, with the exception of Saturday morning’s Liverpool/Arsenal game, which came in at #7 and had 187,521 comments by 65,411 uniques.
- Other notable programs: The Voice, although it beat Idol for Series and Episode, was only #7 for overall most social Program, with 147,810 comments by 97,086 uniques. Part 5 of the blind auditions was the #1 Episode. Jersey Shore was the #1 Series for the week (#meatballproblems, #singlegangordie, look out for the #paulydproject) and of course, our favorite square-shaped friend SpongeBob was the #6 Program and the #3 Series, with 160,914 comments.
Spring is just about here, what are you looking forward to watching? Tweet us! Also, don’t forget to set up your FREE subscription to get Social 100 reports delivered via email every day, week or month. Sign up at the top of the Social 100, and let us know how often you’d like to receive the data as well as your preferred format, .pdf of .xls.
Have a great week everybody!
Happy Monday! Time for a Social 100 Weekly Roundup to start off the week.
For the week of Monday, Feb. 6- Sunday Feb. 12, 2012, SocialGuide tracked:
- 13,684,134 social TV comments
- 3,822,591 social TV watchers
- 2,690 unique programs
- 3.58 comments/unique
The 54th Annual Grammy Awards was #1 across the board for the week with 3,853,759 comments by 1,446,056 unique watchers! One of the most social programs we’ve tracked to date. #Adele (who’s sweeping victory was no surprise), #RipWhitney (let’s not forget the beautiful tribute by Jennifer Hudson), #NickiMinaj, and #FooFighters were among the top hashtags for the program. We think you’ll enjoy the #1 Most Retweeted comment for the evening: “I wish Jay-Z and Beyonce would get on stage and present their baby to the world like in the Lion King.” Not a bad idea…
click for source: hollywood reporter
- Are you #TeamVoice or #TeamIdol? This week’s #2 Program AND Episode was NBC’s The Voice, bringing in 289,241 comments by 178,807 watchers. American Idol came in at #13, with only 80,128 comments by 55,946 watchers. Who’s #Team are you on?
- Friday’s NBA Lakers/Knicks game crushed in comments this week: 640,017 made by 276,626 uniques. The sadness continued, however, for New England fans even after the #Superbowl loss when the Lakers beat the Celtics by 1 single point during Thursday’s game, the final score 88 to 87. It was the #3 Sports Event with 435,394 comments by 179,385 uniques.
- MTV was the only network to have 2 shows in the top 10 last week: Of course, Thursday’s #Jerzday was the #3 most social program (197,121 comments by 152,133 uniques). Snooki & Deena continue to have #meatballproblems and Pauly D has a new nickname: #StalkerMagnet. Their second program was Teen Mom 2 at #5 (136,037 comments by 88,752 uniques).
- Other highlights: Love & Hip Hop at #6, Bad Girls Club: Las Vegas at #7, The Walking Dead is finally back and at #8 last week, Family Guy at #9, and finally the most talked about girls on ABC Family, Pretty Little Liars rounding out the list at #10.
What shows are you looking forward to this week? Tweet us & let us know! Also, don’t forget to set up your FREE subscription to get Social 100 reports delivered via email every day, week or month. Sign up at the top of the Social 100, and let us know how often you’d like to receive the data as well as your preferred format, .pdf of .xls.
Have a wonderful rest of the week! Happy tweeting.
Happy Monday! Time for a Social 100 Weekly Roundup to start off the week.
For the week of Monday, Jan. 23- Sunday Jan. 29, 2012, SocialGuide tracked:
- 12,075,013 social TV comments (down 22% from last week)
- 3,369,421 social TV watchers (down 6% from last week)
- 2,761 unique programs
- 3.58 comments/unique
Bad Girls in Las Vegas, drinking and fighting down at the Shore, LeBron jumping over a Bull, and the State of the Union. Let’s just say it was an eclectic mix of top social TV programs last week. The State of the Union was #1 across the board on our most social Program, Primetime, and Episode reports. It brought in 641,093 comments made by 306,865 uniques.
The Florida Republican Debate was the #4 Program (#3 Primetime and #2 Episode) and had 340,627 comments by 84,968 uniques, but the most interesting stat was its followers per unique ratio: 948, one of the highest to date.
click for source: zap2it blog
- Writing about our Social 100, it almost feels wrong not to include Jersey Shore every single time. Last week’s episode “Free Vinny” brought in 304,395 comments by 214,147 unique watchers. Pauly D and Snooki never cease to create the most ridiculous trending topics, including last week’s #GTGVB, #Vinning, and #WasteyPants. (Let’s not forget the week prior: chicken cutlets and AAA now have a completely new meaning!)
- The 2012 Pro Bowl was the #2 most social Primetime and the #3 most social Sports Event.
- It was the NBA Bulls/Heat game on Sunday however that really got people tweeting (760,806 comments made by 258,364 uniques). Not only was this Eastern Conference Finals re-match a great game, LeBron James literally jumped over Bull’s guard John Lucas en-route to finishing off an alley-oop dunk in the first-half. Unsurprisingly, 35.6% of all comments we tracked for this game were about King James. In cased you missed LeBron’s dunk, check it out here. You’re welcome.
- Of course, these numbers don’t even touch the previous Sunday’s NFL Giants/49ers game which reached over 1 million comments. The question is less a matter of “if” as it is “by how much” Super Bowl XLVI is going to break the single-game record for social media activity. We can’t wait to discover which Super Bowl moments go viral on Sunday.
- Other highlights from the top 10: Oxygen’s Bad Girls Club: Las Vegas was the #3 most social Program (313,254 comments by 134,195 uniques). NBC’s Rock Center with Brian Williams (Special: Florida GOP Debate) was the #7 most social Program, followed by American Idol at #8 and the 18th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards at #9.
Which shows do you find yourself tweeting about? Tweet us & let us know what your guilty TV pleasures are! Also, don’t forget to set up your FREE subscription to get Social 100 reports delivered via email every day, week or month. Sign up at the top of the Social 100, and let us know how often you’d like to receive the data as well as your preferred format, .pdf of .xls.
Have a wonderful rest of the week! Happy tweeting.
Happy New Year! Here’s to the first SocialGuide Social 100 weekly roundup of 2012.
For the week of Monday, Jan. 16- Sunday Jan. 22, 2012, SocialGuide tracked:
- 14,705,528 social TV comments
- 3,576,326 social TV watchers
- 2,742 unique programs
- 4.11 comments/unique
click for source
TV viewers were buzzing around a diverse set of shows, with 14+ million social TV comments happening around politics, sports, musical numbers, and of course, Snooki and the gang. But, Jersey Shore was only the #2 most social Program last week because American Idol is back for its 11th season! It was the #1 Program AND Episode, bringing in 622,957 comments by 324, 822 uniques. #PhillipPhillips, #Eben, and lots of other contestants already have viewers talking, and that’s definitely something to #JoyHop about.
- The South Carolina Republican Debate was the 4th most social Program of the week (and the 3rd most social Episode), with 390,192 comments by 105,872 unique watchers. Check out this article from Lost Remote to see what the top 10 most retweeted comments were…we think you’ll find them pretty amusing.
- It was a fortunate overtime win for the New York Giants this weekend–the #1 Sports Event was of course Sunday’s Giants & 49ers game with 1,488,765 comments by 631,845 watchers. That’s a whopping 18% share of uniques. The 2nd most social game was the Ravens & Patriots, with 1,538,294 comments by 599,541 uniques. These two games were also the most social games we have tracked to date (since 1/1/2011). We’d be pretty surprised if the Superbowl doesn’t shatter that record.
- The #1 Network was FOX (with over 2 million comments to its name) and was the only network to have 3 shows in the top 10 most social Programs: American Idol, Glee, and Family Guy.
Tom Brady or Eli Manning? Tweet us & let us know what team you’re backing for Superbowl 2012!. Also, don’t forget to set up your FREE subscription to get Social 100 reports delivered via email every day, week or month. Sign up at the top of the Social 100, and let us know how often you’d like to receive the data as well as your preferred format, .pdf of .xls.
Happy Tuesday! See you next week.
As 2011 comes to a close, we thought we’d share our year-end look at SocialGuide’s Most Social TV & Movies. Using our Intelligent Social Recognition System that captures the real-time conversations around air-time we bring you the top 5 most buzzed about networks, series, specials, sports events, and movies (box office) of 2011 (May-Dec).
At SocialGuide, 2011 was the year of methodology & capture. Our methodology includes dynamic technology, smart editorial, and structured accounting of social activity for every program category (new, repeat) and every program type. This year alone we have captured more than 225M Social TV Comments from 17M Uniques and have matched these comments to more than 37K TV Programs – making SocialGuide the most comprehensive social TV capture service in the marketplace. To see the full archive of our public reporting, since May, please visit Social 100.
In 2012 we’re entering the next phase of our measurement business: insights and analytics. We’ll be helping networks, brands, and agencies understand the social impact of linear TV and provide them with a platform to identify and interact with their social influencers. We look forward to sharing more news about this in the next few weeks.
Yes, you guessed it–another SocialGuide Social 100 weekly roundup!
For the week of Monday, Nov. 21- Nov. 27, 2011, SocialGuide tracked:
- 8,299,872 social TV comments (up 8% from last week)
- 2,509,287 social TV watchers (up 5% from the prior week)
- 3,255 unique programs
- 3.31 comments/unique
We’ll give you a hint about the #1 Program this week: he wears a tie, lives under the sea and is back at the top for the first time since the week of Oct. 24th. SpongeBob SquarePants was the top program with 155,429 comments by 110,704 unique watchers, besting the socially strong The X Factor (#2 Most Social Program) and the highly social special Centric Presents: 2011 Soul Train Awards (#3). People just can’t seem to get enough of #SBSP.
- Looking at just Primetime, Centric Presents: 2011 Soul Train Awards Awards was #1 with close to 100,000 unique social TV watchers. Great to see it and the Soul Train Pre-Show Awards (#15 Program) at the top of the charts.
- A new network reigns this week thanks in part to the NFL…CBS was #1 with 1,308,232 comments (up 23% from last week) by 557,000 unique watchers.
- Kourtney and Kim Take New York debuted this week as the #7 Most Social Program and #9 in Primetime, beating out The Walking Dead and Love & Hip Hop, two very social shows. The sisters continue their social TV reign in the big apple.
New premieres coming up this week and next…any that you’re looking forward to? Tweet us & let us know. Also, don’t forget to set up your FREE subscription to get Social 100 reports delivered via email every day, week or month. Sign up at the top of the Social 100, and let us know how often you’d like to receive the data as well as your preferred format, .pdf of .xls.
Happy Tuesday! We’ll see you next week.
Here we go–another SocialGuide Social 100 weekly roundup!
For the week of Monday, Nov.14, 2011- Nov. 20, 2011, SocialGuide tracked:
- 7,671,890 social TV comments (up 19% from last week)
- 2,400,536 social TV watchers (uniques) (up 16%)
- 3,074 unique programs
- 3.20 comments/unique
Award shows always crush when it comes to social–and Sunday’s American Music Awards was no exception. The award show was #1 in our Program, Primetime, and Episode ranks, bringing in 667,942 comments by 290,763 uniques. We’re thinking Bieber fever and Taylor Swift’s Artist of the Year win had something to do with this. However, compared with our data for previous award shows, the AMAs are actually the 4th most social TV event so far in 2011 behind the BET Awards, the Grammys, and the MTV VMAs, which still holds the record as the most social TV event.
- So, is there a #GuyCode for the internet? The MTV2 show was the #3 program for the week with 165,953 comments from 92,376 uniques and even became a worldwide Twitter trend for the two days leading up to its premiere.
- Audiences took well to the second season premiere for the VH1 show Love & Hip Hop (the #4 Program & #3 Episode). These new shows have bumped some of the old favorites down on our list (Bad Girls Club #6 spot, Family Guy #7 Program).
- The NFL has taken over–socially at least. The Jets/Broncos game was the #1 Sports Event with 364,744 comments by 171,287 uniques. Interestingly, however, the Eagles/Giants game was the #2 most social Episode, with 197,651 comments by 96,673 uniques.
What sports are you watching? Which fall TV show has been your favorite so far? Tweet us & tell us! And don’t forget to set up your FREE subscription to get Social 100 reports delivered via email every day, week or month. Sign up at the top of the Social 100, and tell us the frequency you’d like the data and your preferred format, .pdf of .xls.
Happy Monday! We’ll see you next week.