It’s about that time. You guessed it, another SocialGuide Social 100 weekly roundup!
For the week of Monday, Oct. 10, 2011 – Oct. 16, 2011, SocialGuide tracked:
- 6,758,010 social TV comments
- 2,171,380 social TV watchers (uniques)
- 2,406 unique programs
- 3.11 comments/unique
Last week’s Social 100 was stirred up by a few special programs that aired. The #1 Program, Primetime, and Episode was the BET Hip Hop Awards 2011, bringing in 281,197 comments by 152,708 unique watchers. Though it was the most social on the list, it only ranked #10 on our list of 2011’s most social TV events. To date, the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards still holds the #1 spot, followed the 53rd Grammy Awards, and then the regular 2011 BET Awards.
- AMC’s The Walking Dead had its second season premiere on Sunday and it ranked as the #5 Most Social Program, the #4 Primetime, and the #2 Episode! We collected 131,562 comments by 77,447 watchers. It seems to us that watchers were excited about Sunday’s episode.
- As for what’s happening on the field, NFL Bears/Lions games was the #1 Sports Event and the #2 Primetime program. We collected 280,760 comments by 144,296 uniques, which is 39% more comments than were made about Sunday’s #2 ranked game with the Cowboys/Patriots.
- Jersey Shore in Italy isn’t over yet? And you all are still tweeting about it? Clearly. As the #2 Most Social Program last week, it brought in 214,218 comments by 148,773 watchers.
What are your favorite shows? Don’t see them on this list? Better start tweeting. Don’t forget to set up your FREE subscription to get Social 100 reports delivered via email every day, week or month. Sign up at the top of the Social 100, and tell us how frequently you’d like to receive the data as well as your preferred format, .pdf of .xls.
See you next week—happy Tweeting!